What's the best Lomography camera for newbies? We say - invest in a Lomo LC-A. In honor of its 29th birthday, we listed the 29 reasons why the Lomo LC-A is a must-have!
1. It’s a classic!
2. It’s pet-friendly.
3. You don’t need to look through the viewfinder to compose cool mirror portraits!
4. It’s so easy to use, you can snap a photo with one hand.
5. If you’re experimental enough, it will reward you with unbelievable shots like this:
6. It’s easy to get astounding results – just use slide film and have it cross-processed.
7. You can even take it underwater (just make sure it’s enclosed in the Krab!)
8. It’s sexy.
9. The Multiple Exposure switch makes it easy to go artsy!
10. It won’t scare away kids.
11. It’s nostalgic.
12. It’s compact and discreet, so you can quickly snap a photo without disturbing your subject.
13. The sky looks more magical through the LC-A.
14. The LC-A makes night scenes more mysterious and intriguing.
15. It has the ability to make mundane objects look more interesting.
16. It brings out the beauty even in dreary weather.
17. It transforms humdrum situations into magnificent moments.
18. Who says it’s only great in color? It works best with black & white film too!
19. It gives a warm, analogue vibe to instant photos (when used with LC-A Instant Back+)!
20. Paired with the Splitzer, you can slice and dice your images to make them more surreal.
22. It’s romantic!
23. Silhouette/shadow snapshots look awesome.
24. Nighttime shots look stunning!
25. Paired with a Colorsplash Flash, your photos will be even more vibrant.
26. The vignette adds a nice touch to your photos.
27. Pair it with the LC-A Fisheye Lens to get a different perspective!
28. Try using it against the light and it still produces amazing results.